The Main Issues
From a political perspective, generating, distributing, and connecting consumers to energy has a much larger impact on the global economy than we care to realize. On a commercial level, businesses need to lower their consumption and financial costs when it comes to using energy not just for profit’s sake, but also in order for them to sustain business operations in the long run.
BEST’s management team has 40 years of progressive experience providing individuals and organizations with energy saving ideas and programs. As a result, the management team has encountered several barriers that prevent consumers from really taking advantage of these energy saving programs currently on the market. These barriers include the following:
1) Consumers have very little or zero control over managing the energy supply process, because energy is typically funnelled into a facility via the National Grid.
2) Despite the common denominator that energy consumption is measured in units of power (kilowatt-hours), additional tariffs and fees are always included on the final utility bill. Approximately 50 percent of utility bills includes charges relating to ‘reactive power’ and ‘maximum demand.’
3) Consumers have no way of knowing the exact amount of energy being used at any moment in time. Utility bills charge consumers in arrears, following consumption, making it difficult to know whether large amounts of energy are being wasted or conserved at any given time.
4) Facility owners have little idea how much an energy-saving device they might have installed is actually saving them, as there is no way of verifying the efficiency of such a device. Sometimes, the wrong product or the wrong application can actually cost a facility owner more because it increases energy consumption instead of saving energy!
5) When consumers implement an energy savings program, such as switching to renewable energy, it is challenging to visualize what the gains are after making that switch.
Chicago Energy Benchmarking
In 2013 Mayor Emanuel and Chicago’s City Council created a building energy benchmarking ordinance to raise awareness of energy performance through information and transparency. The goal is to help with energy and cost savings opportunities for businesses and residents. The Chicago Energy Benchmarking Ordinance calls on existing commercial, institutional, and residential buildings larger than 50,000 square feet to track whole-building energy use, report to the City annually, and verify data accuracy every three years.
The Chicago Energy Benchmarking Ordinance has three requirements:
1) Benchmark energy use (annually): Covered buildings will track basic building information and overall building energy use using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, a free online tool offered by the US EPA.
2) Verify energy data (every 3 years): In the first year in which buildings benchmark, and every third year thereafter, buildings will have energy and building data reviewed by an in-house or 3rd-party professional with a license or training credential recognized by the City.
3) Report to the City (annually): Click the 2017 Chicago Energy Benchmarking Reporting Link (through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager).
Starting September 2017 the Chicago Energy Benchmarking Ordinance will start fining facilities who are not meeting their baseline energy consumption goals. This fine can be up to $150/day depending on the facility's energy usage.
A couple of solutions are available to consumers, such as:
1) BEST EnergyMaps - an all-encompassing take on energy efficiency. Global companies have already signed up for this initiative to control, reduce, and ultimately eliminate their energy expenses.
2) The Eniscope solution - a range of web-empowered Class-1 Digital Meters available in one, four, and eight-way arrangements, connected to a tailored computer interface that collects and analyses energy data by the second. Energy data is then transmitted to the Internet, allowing consumers to view their activities and results on a desktop, laptop, or mobile device.
3) The Eniscope Cloud-based platform features graphical images of real-time and analytic information allowing consumers to be better positioned when it comes to understanding their entire energy use data. This knowledge will in turn reduce energy wastage and provide cost savings, where and when necessary.
4) Eniscope Real-Time and Analytics is for companies that have already invested in load-side energy saving items to lower their energy use (and their bills) further. In essence, companies can view exactly what type of activity their energy consumption is going towards on a minute by minute basis, enabling them to cut their energy consumption, change their habits, and reduce their carbon footprint (whilst at the same time enjoying cost savings and understanding of the overall health of their system).
5) Eniscope Real-Time Energy System can help business that fall under the Chicago Energy Benchmarking Ordinance to automate their reporting process in an easy and all-encompassing way. Using Eniscope can allow companies to save their resources, time, and manpower by automating the process.
If you are considering investing in an all-encompassing energy management solution, take the plunge and try Eniscope. It removes the risk of going with those solutions that might not deliver!
If you invest in Eniscope’s systems these significant advantages are guaranteed:
· Employ substantial cost savings (up to 40 percent!)
· Remove excess energy wastage (for example after-hours once a facility is closed)
· Identify those pieces of equipment that waste or use too much energy
· Establish efficiencies and return on investments with energy saving ideas/solutions
· Interact with the general public with Real-Time Energy animations and bright displays
· Gain additional energy reductions via the Historical Analysis tab.
Eniscope’s hardware has been completely designed and manufactured by BEST, in order to deliver the Eniscope solution. Ready for use in a variety of configurations, the total Eniscope solution consists of a customised communications ‘hub’ connected to extremely precise Class-1 Metering points. As a result, customers will be able to open any web-browser and navigate to any meter in their facility. Eniscope is actually considered to be more exact than the standard grade meters provided by the utilities, enabling proper checks on all current meters.
Eniscope Hybrid is the forerunner in the Eniscope product suite and installing a single eight-channel Ensicope Hybrid will provide the following:
· Integral communications 'hub' and web server
· Up to 8 individual 3-phase, or 24-single phase electricity metering points via 0.333mV CT’s
· Ethernet connectivity
· Remote set up via PC or Mac
· Condensed footprint measuring 200 x 200 x 60mm
· Simple installation process with plug-in connectors
· WiFi enabled
· 3G enabled
· Up to 8 additional pulse inputs (e.g. water, gas)
· Modbus capability for multiple single phase metering points
· Daisy-chain communication with 32 CUES or ACES Hybrid.
Eniscope Hybrid – Unique Hardware
Eniscope Hybrid is a rare solution in the marketplace today because of the following:
1) It uses its own on-board meters, a robust internal computer and a web-based server implying it can be stored, assimilated, and exported to the internet with ease. This makes it remotely accessible from anywhere via a desktop, laptop or mobile device.
2) The set up can easily be completed by any qualified electrician (using safe and reasonable 333mV CT’s) and be fully functional within several hours. Furthermore, because it is web-based, all software upgrades will take place remotely.
3) Eniscope Meters collate and then export energy data in real-time, whilst measuring all of the valuable criteria. No assumptions or postulations are made; everything is measured with extreme accuracy.
4) This energy management program is adaptable in that consumers can start measuring one meter point, one piece of equipment, or an entire building. Once consumers start to see the benefits, additional sub-meters can be incorporated without a hitch. All analytics can be viewed via the Analytics software.
Eniscope Analytics is an all-encompassing web-based management tool that allows consumers to view their total energy consumption in ‘real-time,’ and understand how healthy their power supply is. Energy consumption can also be viewed historically over any given period of time.
Smart, clever, adjustable and simple to use, Eniscope Analytics makes it easy to access and understand your energy usage. All that is required is a connection to the Internet to run an in-depth analysis on any piece of equipment in a building, or an entire campus at any moment anywhere in the world.
Internet Contents - What Consumers Will See
Analytics Home Page: A dashboard features on the home page summarising the levels of energy used and associated costs as well as environmental information, such as carbon emission levels. A statistic hourly consumption rate (based on the customer’s historic readings) is an added bonus feature. Users can print off their data and run reports to help with understanding interpretations.
Power Tab: This allows users to aggregate their data as well as compare separate meters. Eniscope Analytics is therefore perfect for helping users understand and compare consumption rates of different areas within buildings, or on campuses, etc. Being able to view this data in one place provides the largest opportunities for energy savings!
Pie Chart Tab: More than one meter’s metrics will display via the Pie Chart tab. Here consumers can view and compare all of their energy consumption usage and determine exactly where their energy costs are going, in terms of activities.
Energy Tab: This shows the whole picture of energy usage and an entire building or department’s energy usage can be viewed via this tab. Consumers can monitor different department’s progress and spot where necessary energy reduction is needed.
Costs Tab: Energy usage is portrayed in monetary terms via the costs tab. An overview of costs allows consumers to determine exactly how much they are spending at any one given time as well as what they are likely to spend in the future, and where they can cut back. This information is available in different currencies and the tariff options available will ensure that Eniscope Analytics provides data that you would normally find on your utility bill.
Amps, Voltage & Power Factor Tabs: These tabs provide consumers with information so that they know and can identify the areas where there may be additional voltage or power used than expected; furthermore, equipment failures and inadequate power supply would appear on these tabs.
Healthy Energy System
Eniscope Analytics provides its consumers an overall picture and ‘health’ of their energy system. It can also prevent issues from cropping up before they arise for example, electrical fires or poor power loading in certain parts of a building or a campus can be easily detected via Eniscope.
In essence, Eniscope provides a one-stop shop for accurate information that will assist those companies increasingly wanting to track their carbon output as Eniscope paints a picture of their entire energy usage as well as carbon footprint.
Eniscope Analytics is a non-stop virtual ‘energy management system,’ which has the option of sending its consumers a report featuring energy use, cost savings any system weaknesses.
Eniscope Analytics...a crucial tool for companies managing their energy usage...delivering the information required in a simple, interactive format. Keeping YOU in control of your energy use!
ENISCOPE MONITORING & VERIFICATION
Eniscope Real-time and Analytics...the premier choice for companies determined to devote their time and money to load-side energy saving products, in the hopes of decreasing their power supply and slashing their energy bill!
Eniscope Real-time and Analytics is a desirable solution for all those ethically-minded and socially-responsible companies, which are into the whole green ‘energy-saving’ movement, and consequently, they want to know just how influential the reach of their products and solutions are for themselves and their clients.
With Eniscope Analytics, companies will be able to measure both the positive and negative side-effects of any product, and test the performance with complete accuracy on a given application to determine one’s ROI or gain.
By installing an Eniscope Meter on a given appliance or ‘load,’ a company can figure out their consumption levels (with and without the different products being evaluated). Tests can be performed for more than one product simultaneously (i.e., one test can be carried out with a product and one without a product, on a before and after basis). Eniscope Analytics will present the intelligible results your company is seeking with one product’s results, followed by the other product’s results.
Ensicope removes the chances associated with investing in energy-saving solutions that might sound great, but do not live up to expectations. As a result of Eniscope’s innovative vision, your company will be empowered knowing they are making the right decision – with precise, objective and qualitative data available to validate it.
ENISCOPE MULTI-CHANNEL METERS
The story featuring the creation and evolution of the forerunning Eniscope Hybrid product is shown in the following video:
Our forerunning product solution Eniscope Hybrid is uber-adaptable, so much so it can self-monitor numerous electrical circuits, whilst at the same time gain input from electricity meters, pulse meters (e.g., water and gas) and temperature sensors. As a result, entire building or campus’ energy information can be supplied via this hardware technology to a suitable software-viewing platform.
Eniscope 4 (Hybrid’s younger sibling) provides multi-channel metering at an economical price point. It has an optional GPRS module that allows cellular communications (if no hard-wired internet connection is available).
Both the Eniscope Hybrid and Eniscope 4 products have been UL, cUL and CE-approved and are partners when it comes to supplying endless configuration options to small, medium, and large business alike.
The exclusivity of Eniscope’s metering hardware is due to the following reasons:
1) Energy is measured in real-time by the second; all of the real-time information that gets captured by the ‘web-server’ within each meter can be picked up via the local network or supplied to an exterior display.
2) It is a plug-and-play solution that can be connected by qualified electricians and because this is a web-enabled service, all software upgrades can be performed remotely.
3) Eniscope Multi-Channel meters do not leave anything to chance; all of the key parameters in the system are quantified. For example, voltage is quantified with 100 percent accuracy; it is not assumed or estimated.
4) The system is extremely adaptable according to the consumer’s environment. Consumer’s can set up the system to monitor only one area or one particular piece of equipment; they then can add meters to create a fully integrated energy management system (at a later date)! Data that is already provided to the system can be viewed at any time (now or in the future), via the Eniscope Analytics software.
PUBLIC ENERGY DISPLAY
Real-time Energy Displays can be placed in strategic locations on your property or throughout your organisation to solicit awareness from your occupants, so that you know precisely how your energy is being used. Since the Real-time Energy Displays will be available to the public, hopefully they will propel people to curb their energy usage and/or change their habits and behaviours regarding how they use their energy.
Since consumers are constantly choosing to purchase from -and are showing preference for- the eco-minded sustainable companies, Eniscope’s Public Energy Displays are a great idea, as they truly reflect the core ‘green’ values that are being instilled in consumers today. As a result, these Public Energy Displays will resonate with your organisation’s corporate social responsibility commitment to lower its Carbon Footprint and find alternative means to saving energy.
Despite the current Eniscope solution, which has the capability to power a Public Energy Display, the BEST Research & Development team is pioneering a new range of hardware and software combinations that will take this product to another level.
The Eniscope Real-time Renewable Energy Display is designed to showcase the ‘live’ performance of a variety of alternative energy types via a brilliant graphical interface.
The Real-time Renewable Energy Display can be used by anyone who uses renewable energies in his or her energy supply. This Renewable Technology helps consumers identify whether their equipment is functioning properly and it can benefit society, as it details the many advantages of renewable energy.
The Renewable Energy Display should ideally be placed in high-traffic areas, such as reception areas or the ground floor of an office building; to attract passers-by to the high-resolution interactive illustrations and to solicit a more positive environmental image for the consumer!
How It Works
A Renewable Energy Meter is installed on any piece of equipment or item that consumers want monitored; the meters then display real-time energy generation data that is fed back to a Renewable Hub over an existing Local Area Network (LAN). The Renewable Hub amalgamates the data and portrays it in real-time via a high-resolution, interactive illustrative interface. Key educational messages, providing detailed information about the performance of the renewable technology are also presented. The Renewable Hub can be customised depending on the audience viewing the information.
Additional features, such as the Consumption Meter, can also be added to display the percentage of renewable energy used and how much gets transported to and from the grid.
· Portrays real-time performance of any renewable energy technology via a vivid and lively display.
· Informative for visitors and passers-by as it highlights the advantages of renewable energies.
· Presents the hidden elements of renewable energy and improves the consumer’s environmental quota.